Accept Your Body and Those of Others

Just cut off my hair for the summer. Much cooler this way, and for the most part I hate having hair. Laying in bed after a shower and just listening to podcasts. This is the way we where intended to be. Sure there is a need for clothing to protect us from the weather or from the thick woods or so on - not to mention, I don't think I want to weld nude. But for the most part, I am way more happy to be nude than I am with my clothing on. I did however notice a large bruise on my left leg in the top photo so I took a closer photo. It's a darn bad one. I got not one clue how it got there. I'm on blood thinners, and this kind of thing happens - just not normally this badly.

I know so many people that actually feel shame over their bodies, I can't live like that, it's too much. So I learned at a rather young age that we are all beautiful in our own way. There is no such thing as a good body and a bad body (looks wise). We are all people, and all worthy of self respect. Sure I'm not expecting the world to look at in anything other than dispise, but that is on them. Once I accepted my own body, I accepted all others along with it, and I don't judge. This included people with heavy body modification - it's their life and their choice, NOT MINE or YOURS. I accept them.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letting it All Hang Out (Dare to Love Yourself)

Accept Who You Are and How You Are

See Yourself How You Are, Not How Others Say You Are