Accept Who You Are and How You Are

Got to love your body, no matter what the hell others may think. Feeling shame for your side, shape, deformities, or anything is totally a waste of your time and removes joy from your life. In my teen  years I has a short time where I was self conscious about my body. Thank God it did not last long. I realized no one has a perfect body and to someone you look fabulous, and who cares about others haring how you look. I've been to many nude events in my life and I have to say I've never had an actual nudist be rude, or anything other than welcoming to me. You can tell people who are just getting off on being seen naked, because they have something to say about others bodies. This kind of person needs to feel superior by taring down others. They are not nudists, they are exabitionests. Acceptance of your own body can be hard to accomplish if you are not in a supportive environment. Many factions of society look down on the human body as being "dirty". This is false, the human body is natural. God gave us this form in infinite variations. We should embrace who we are - all of who we are, not just the parts others think are worthy of embracing. 
I'm currently 340 lbs. I have lost over 150 lbs and I'm astonished my skin is not hanging down to my knees. I'm saggy and lumpy, and scared, and have a large hernia - but I accept how I look with joy. God has given me this body, and I will not be ashamed of it because others think I don't fit their view of beauty. To be honest, most of the body types I tend to find most appealing are plus sized people. I accept all people they way they are, but it is a lie to say we don't have a preference. We should however never tell people negative things. Harming others is not what God intended. We are told to love each other, and I do. There are people I don't trust and I don't ever want in my life again, but I still have love for them in a way. Be joyous of yourself, your body, your mind, your creativity, and all of who and what you are. If you don't harm others, you are valid and worthy of love. Be free my friends.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letting it All Hang Out (Dare to Love Yourself)

See Yourself How You Are, Not How Others Say You Are